Cannabis and chocolate are always perfect together — for the holidays, though, it’s time for a peppermint twist.
A couple of nights ago I attended an Oregon canna-ball. The venue was kind of a big nothing, but that night it was completely transformed into a sparkling celebration of this fast-growing, long-overdue journey into the wonderful world of legalized weed.
There were slinky gowns and a suit with marijuana leaves all over it. Big spiky heels. Big hats. Lots of vape pens.
My always-helpful assistant Mary and I made the desserts for this event, and I thought I would share the most-requested recipe: peppermint white chocolate brownies.
These brownies bring together two of the world’s most wonderful foods — white chocolate and cream cheese. The fact that they find each other in this recipe is sheer bliss.
I did a bit of research and asked 27 friends a question: If they were going to make this recipe, would they make the brownies from scratch or use a mix? All but three said they would use a mix.
The three bakers would certainly have their own recipe for special brownies. Email me if you want mine (address in the bio below) — or check out this excellent from-scratch triple-chocolate brownies recipe.
Happy Holidays, but mostly… peace on earth.
Peppermint white chocolate brownies
Makes 24 servings
Two 20-ounce boxes of brownie mix
1½ cups white chocolate chips
1 8-ounce package of cream cheese, room temperature
¼ cup cannabutter, softened
¼ cup regular butter
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup chopped peppermint candy
1. Pre-heat oven to 340.
2. Spray a 9×13-inch baking pan and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, combine the two mixes and follow the package directions, doubling everything. Stir in the white chocolate chips.
4. Bake the brownies according to the directions. Allow to cool before cutting.
5. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cream cheese, cannabutter, regular butter and vanilla. Add the sugar and beat till fluffy.
6. Beat in the powdered sugar.
7. Cut the brownies into 24 pieces and spread each piece with the frosting — prettier presentation this way. Sprinkle with the crushed peppermint.
Start a Marijuana Business Today: CertificationClinics.com™ offers a comprehensive business model for recommending Medical Marijuana Certifications and/or Dispensary Ownership in your area. The CertificationClinics.com™ Business Support staff will educate you in every of the growing medical marijuana industry, providing you a fully operational and profitable enterprise. Learn More »